Tower of London unveils its newest Beefeater
- Credit: Archant
A new Beefeater is joining the team at the Tower of London on the back of 25 years of military service – including representing NATO in Afghanistan.
Matthew Pryme, 46, is now beginning months of training to learn the story of the famous Yeoman Warder tour of the Tower of London.
The challenge represents the culmination of an illustrious career in the military, which includes tours to German, Italy, Cyprus, as well as Afghanistan.
“I’m proud and honoured to be appointed to such a unique and prestigious role”, said Matthew.
“I undertook public duties at the Tower in 1987 and ever since then it has always been an ambition to achieve the title of Yeoman Warder at the Tower.”
You may also want to watch:
The Yeoman Warders who reside in the Tower combine their traditional duty as guards with a role bringing its history to life for visitors.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus