Town Hall bosses to debate Tower Hamlets' housing problems
TOWER Hamlets housing waiting list will be under the spotlight again tonight. Tower Hamlets council s plans to change the Choice Based Lettings scheme is back on the agenda at the Cabinet meeting. Following a review in 2008 of the way in which the 22,
TOWER Hamlets' housing waiting list will be under the spotlight again tonight.
Tower Hamlets council's plans to change the Choice Based Lettings scheme is back on the agenda at the Cabinet meeting.
Following a review in 2008 of the way in which the 22,658 residents on the waiting list bid for a home, the Town Hall agreed to a new policy earlier this year.
And tonight council chiefs will be discussing the next stage as they agree on how many homes should be given to each group of tenants, including the homeless and overcrowded families.
You may also want to watch:
They are expected to approve plans for residents to be able to make an unlimited number of bids and agree the council would monitor and asses the new policy for six months from when it was implemented.
The policy involves a higher priority being given to overcrowded families and residents being given the choice to be re-housed separately to their older children under a Sons and Daughters policy.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block