Town Hall bosses to debate Tower Hamlets' housing problems
TOWER Hamlets housing waiting list will be under the spotlight again tonight. Tower Hamlets council s plans to change the Choice Based Lettings scheme is back on the agenda at the Cabinet meeting. Following a review in 2008 of the way in which the 22,
TOWER Hamlets' housing waiting list will be under the spotlight again tonight.
Tower Hamlets council's plans to change the Choice Based Lettings scheme is back on the agenda at the Cabinet meeting.
Following a review in 2008 of the way in which the 22,658 residents on the waiting list bid for a home, the Town Hall agreed to a new policy earlier this year.
And tonight council chiefs will be discussing the next stage as they agree on how many homes should be given to each group of tenants, including the homeless and overcrowded families.
You may also want to watch:
They are expected to approve plans for residents to be able to make an unlimited number of bids and agree the council would monitor and asses the new policy for six months from when it was implemented.
The policy involves a higher priority being given to overcrowded families and residents being given the choice to be re-housed separately to their older children under a Sons and Daughters policy.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings