Town Hall bosses to debate Tower Hamlets' housing problems
TOWER Hamlets housing waiting list will be under the spotlight again tonight. Tower Hamlets council s plans to change the Choice Based Lettings scheme is back on the agenda at the Cabinet meeting. Following a review in 2008 of the way in which the 22,
TOWER Hamlets' housing waiting list will be under the spotlight again tonight.
Tower Hamlets council's plans to change the Choice Based Lettings scheme is back on the agenda at the Cabinet meeting.
Following a review in 2008 of the way in which the 22,658 residents on the waiting list bid for a home, the Town Hall agreed to a new policy earlier this year.
And tonight council chiefs will be discussing the next stage as they agree on how many homes should be given to each group of tenants, including the homeless and overcrowded families.
You may also want to watch:
They are expected to approve plans for residents to be able to make an unlimited number of bids and agree the council would monitor and asses the new policy for six months from when it was implemented.
The policy involves a higher priority being given to overcrowded families and residents being given the choice to be re-housed separately to their older children under a Sons and Daughters policy.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election