Town Hall bosses to debate Tower Hamlets' housing problems
TOWER Hamlets housing waiting list will be under the spotlight again tonight. Tower Hamlets council s plans to change the Choice Based Lettings scheme is back on the agenda at the Cabinet meeting. Following a review in 2008 of the way in which the 22,
TOWER Hamlets' housing waiting list will be under the spotlight again tonight.
Tower Hamlets council's plans to change the Choice Based Lettings scheme is back on the agenda at the Cabinet meeting.
Following a review in 2008 of the way in which the 22,658 residents on the waiting list bid for a home, the Town Hall agreed to a new policy earlier this year.
And tonight council chiefs will be discussing the next stage as they agree on how many homes should be given to each group of tenants, including the homeless and overcrowded families.
You may also want to watch:
They are expected to approve plans for residents to be able to make an unlimited number of bids and agree the council would monitor and asses the new policy for six months from when it was implemented.
The policy involves a higher priority being given to overcrowded families and residents being given the choice to be re-housed separately to their older children under a Sons and Daughters policy.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Rotherhithe tunnel to close all next week for urgent repairs