Town Hall Budget roadshow takes to the streets of Tower Hamlets
TOWN Hall bosses have sent out their community budget roadshow’ in London’s East End. The tour is on the streets from today until Thursday to let people know where the public meetings are going to be held where they can take part in the budgeting programme
TOWN Hall bosses have sent out their community budget roadshow’ in London’s East End.
The You Decide’ tour is on the streets from today (Monday) until Thursday to let people in Tower Hamlets know where the public meetings are going to be held where they can take part in the council’s budgeting programme.
The roadshow is parked today in Whitechapel Road, on the corner of Brady Street, Whitechapel, then moves on tomorrow to Roman Road, then to Poplar’s Chrisp Street Market on Wednesday and finishing back at Whitechapel at the beginning of Brick Lane, on the corner of Osborne street.
Residents can choose from a shortlist to spend their council tax on what extra neighbourhood services they want, like dealing with crime, education, healthy living and environment projects.
You may also want to watch:
Eight public events are planned across Tower Hamlets, the first on Saturday at Kingsley Hall in Powis Road, Bromley-by-Bow, 11am-2pm, for those living in Bromley-by-Bow and Mile End East council wards.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Bethnal Green rubbish 'attracts rats' as 'pingdemic' delays collections
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Remembrance to Bethnal Green's ‘perfect storm’ fire tragedy 17 years on
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs