Town Hall Budget roadshow takes to the streets of Tower Hamlets
TOWN Hall bosses have sent out their community budget roadshow’ in London’s East End. The tour is on the streets from today until Thursday to let people know where the public meetings are going to be held where they can take part in the budgeting programme
TOWN Hall bosses have sent out their community budget roadshow’ in London’s East End.
The You Decide’ tour is on the streets from today (Monday) until Thursday to let people in Tower Hamlets know where the public meetings are going to be held where they can take part in the council’s budgeting programme.
The roadshow is parked today in Whitechapel Road, on the corner of Brady Street, Whitechapel, then moves on tomorrow to Roman Road, then to Poplar’s Chrisp Street Market on Wednesday and finishing back at Whitechapel at the beginning of Brick Lane, on the corner of Osborne street.
Residents can choose from a shortlist to spend their council tax on what extra neighbourhood services they want, like dealing with crime, education, healthy living and environment projects.
Eight public events are planned across Tower Hamlets, the first on Saturday at Kingsley Hall in Powis Road, Bromley-by-Bow, 11am-2pm, for those living in Bromley-by-Bow and Mile End East council wards.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 3 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 4 Rooftop ice-rink opens at Tobacco Dock in Wapping
- 5 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 8 'Aggressive, violent behaviour' at Aldgate East tube station
- 9 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 10 Men sought in relation to racially-motivated attack near Brick Lane venue