Town Hall Budget roadshow takes to the streets of Tower Hamlets
TOWN Hall bosses have sent out their community budget roadshow’ in London’s East End. The tour is on the streets from today until Thursday to let people know where the public meetings are going to be held where they can take part in the budgeting programme
TOWN Hall bosses have sent out their community budget roadshow’ in London’s East End.
The You Decide’ tour is on the streets from today (Monday) until Thursday to let people in Tower Hamlets know where the public meetings are going to be held where they can take part in the council’s budgeting programme.
The roadshow is parked today in Whitechapel Road, on the corner of Brady Street, Whitechapel, then moves on tomorrow to Roman Road, then to Poplar’s Chrisp Street Market on Wednesday and finishing back at Whitechapel at the beginning of Brick Lane, on the corner of Osborne street.
Residents can choose from a shortlist to spend their council tax on what extra neighbourhood services they want, like dealing with crime, education, healthy living and environment projects.
You may also want to watch:
Eight public events are planned across Tower Hamlets, the first on Saturday at Kingsley Hall in Powis Road, Bromley-by-Bow, 11am-2pm, for those living in Bromley-by-Bow and Mile End East council wards.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel