Town Hall protest tonight over noise keeping kids awake
FAMILIES find out tonight (Thursday) if their two-year campaign succeeds in stopping a caf� they say keeps them awake at night. They have sent a petition to Tower Hamlets Council and are turning up at a licensing meeting
By Ben Homewood
FAMILIES find out tonight (Thursday) if their two-year campaign succeeds in stopping a caf� they say keeps them awake at night.
They have sent a petition to Tower Hamlets Council about caf� Raj in Spitalfields.
Some 26 families are protesting at the Town Hal’s Licensing sub-committee which is reviewing the music and alcohol permit of the caf� in Hanbury Street.
You may also want to watch:
“I have kids aged 10 and five with special needs and this is right outside their windows,” petition organiser Abu Bokkor told the East London Advertiser. “Tonight is our final chance to get something done after two-and-a-half years.”
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
The residents’ say they are desperate for the council to take action.
Another neighbour said: “My daughter’s school has written me a letter asking why she is crying every morning due to tiredness.”
The crunch comes at tonight’s meeting in the Town Hall in Blackwall which begins at 7pm.