Town Hall protest tonight over noise keeping kids awake
FAMILIES find out tonight (Thursday) if their two-year campaign succeeds in stopping a caf� they say keeps them awake at night. They have sent a petition to Tower Hamlets Council and are turning up at a licensing meeting
By Ben Homewood
FAMILIES find out tonight (Thursday) if their two-year campaign succeeds in stopping a caf� they say keeps them awake at night.
They have sent a petition to Tower Hamlets Council about caf� Raj in Spitalfields.
Some 26 families are protesting at the Town Hal’s Licensing sub-committee which is reviewing the music and alcohol permit of the caf� in Hanbury Street.
You may also want to watch:
“I have kids aged 10 and five with special needs and this is right outside their windows,” petition organiser Abu Bokkor told the East London Advertiser. “Tonight is our final chance to get something done after two-and-a-half years.”
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Mulberry tree campaigners to take council to High Court
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
The residents’ say they are desperate for the council to take action.
Another neighbour said: “My daughter’s school has written me a letter asking why she is crying every morning due to tiredness.”
The crunch comes at tonight’s meeting in the Town Hall in Blackwall which begins at 7pm.