Toys, toys, toys pour in for children in Royal London Hospital at Christmas
- Credit: Wonderful Communications
Children spending Christmas at the Royal London Hospital are getting lots of new toys after an amazing appeal by a City PR agency.
The public was invited to bring a new toy in its original box to a free reception at South Place Hotel near Liverpool Street station.
The annual ‘Send a Smile with Santa’ appeal by Wonderful Communications agency went better than expected.
They landed 150 new boxed toys during the evening, with more promised.
Bart’s charity is distributing the toys to the Royal London in Whitechapel, as well as Newham General and Whipps Cross hospitals.
Money from a raffle on the night is also being used to pay for the Royal London children’s play team running activities in the wards over the festive season.
You may also want to watch:
Several organisations and companies helped collect new toys and also raised funds for medical research, equipment and healthcare.
Donations can still be made to the Santa toy appeal on Bart’s Charity’s Just Giving page.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns