Tracey Emin turns up at Brick Lane art car boot sale
Tracey Emin was among the famous faces at Brick Lane’s annual art car boot sale on Sunday.
The veteran artist signed autographs and held fort at her stall while fellow artist Gavin Turk sold signed eggs for �25 each.
Art lovers flocked in their droves to the Vauxhall-sponsored event to pick up a bargain.
More than 3,000 people wondered the stalls to get a taste of the wild and wacky.
Signed prints by Damian Hirst, available for �300 sparked a queue within just eleven minutes of the fair opening.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Emin named her stall ‘Emin International’ and sold books and raffle tickets to limited edition signed artworks.
Former Blur frontman Damon Albarn offered some sibling support to his sister illustrator and fine artist Jessica Albarn, who had her own stall.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Meanwhile, boot fair regular Pam Hogg launched her new limited edition tax disc holders.
The event, in its seventh year, also had entertainment including a hula hoopist and acts from the Bethnal Green Working Men’s Club.