Traders told to roll up, roll up for free market pitches
- Credit: Archant
Market traders looking for their first pitch are being offered spaces during a “Love Your Local Market” fortnight in May.
Tower Hamlets Council has teamed up with market trader start-up scheme First Pitch to give first time traders the chance of a free pitch for up to five days.
Deputy mayor Ohid Ahmed said: “Tower Hamlets is famed for its street markets.
“The First Pitch scheme is a great opportunity to try your hand at market trading and hopefully the beginning of a fruitful business venture.”
Successful applicants will be given a pitch for five days between May 15 and May 29, and could get another year’s worth of trading at a discounted rate if things go well.
You may also want to watch:
Traders looking to take advantage of the scheme can apply at www.nmtf.co.uk before the deadline on Friday, April 19.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin