Traders told to roll up, roll up for free market pitches
PUBLISHED: 15:45 10 April 2013 | UPDATED: 15:45 10 April 2013
Market traders looking for their first pitch are being offered spaces during a “Love Your Local Market” fortnight in May.
Market pitches up for grabs:
• Bethnal Green Road (Monday to Saturday)
• Chrisp Street (Monday to Saturday)
• Roman Road (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday)
• Roman Road Square (Monday to Saturday)
• Watney Street (Monday to Saturday)
• Petticoat Lane (Monday to Friday and Sunday)
• Brick Lane, Cheshire Street and Sclater Street (Sunday)
Tower Hamlets Council has teamed up with market trader start-up scheme First Pitch to give first time traders the chance of a free pitch for up to five days.
Deputy mayor Ohid Ahmed said: “Tower Hamlets is famed for its street markets.
“The First Pitch scheme is a great opportunity to try your hand at market trading and hopefully the beginning of a fruitful business venture.”
Successful applicants will be given a pitch for five days between May 15 and May 29, and could get another year’s worth of trading at a discounted rate if things go well.
Traders looking to take advantage of the scheme can apply at www.nmtf.co.uk before the deadline on Friday, April 19.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.