Traffic: A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach closed southbound
Congestion and delays due to emergency repairs
The approach to the Blackwall Tunnel on the A12 heading southbound is closed.
It is shut between Bow Interchange and the A102 Blackwall Tunnel junction.
Queues and delays stretch back to Redbridge roundabout and will add an extra hour onto journey times.
Emergency repairs are being carried out after the road surface began breaking up.
You may also want to watch:
Garrett Emmerson, Chief Operating Officer for Surface Transport at TfL said “The A12 Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach is currently closed southbound between the Bow Interchange and the East India Dock Road due to a burst water main underneath the carriageway.
“We are working closely with Thames Water, who have committed to work 24/7 to get the leak repaired as quickly as possible and have offered our own contractors to help them reopen the road as quickly as possible once it is safe to do so.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Bus routes 108 and 309 are on diversion and there is heavy congestion.
London Underground will accept bus tickets between North Greenwich and Stratford.
The Blackwall Tunnel remains open in both directions and southbound traffic travelling to the tunnel is being diverted via Bow Road, Burdett Road and East India Dock Road, due to the closure.