TRAFFIC: Queues at Tower Bridge, Limehouse Link, Blackwall Tunnel, Woolwich Ferry
Rush Hour commuter traffic has been heavy this morning in east London at Tower Hill, Limehouse, Blackwall Tunnel and the Woolwich Ferry.
The A3211 at The Mineries by Tower Hill was partially blocked by a broken down lorry causing queues.
The A1203 Limehouse Link tunnel was slow going from the A1261 Aspen Way heading west into the City towards Tower Bridge.
The A1261 West India Dock Road and A101 Rotherhithe Tunnel has also had queues heading to the A13 Commercial Road westbound. So, too, has the A102 Blackwall Tunnel approach from Greenwich heading north.
A burst water main on the A12 Bow Flyover underpass has added to motorists’ problems, affecting the southbound slip-road from the A11 roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
The Woolwich Ferry was down to one ferry running because of technical problems, affecting traffic both sides of the Thames on the North Circular and South Circular routes.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block