Limehouse Link Tunnel closure causing traffic chaos and A13 delays
- Credit: TfL
A burst water main has closed the Limehouse Link Tunnel, causing peak hour traffic chaos in east London.
Transport for London (TfL) says the tunnel, near Canary Wharf, is closed in both directions for safety measures due to equipment failure.
Motorists are advised to use an alternative route and expect delays, with westbound traffic stationary on Aspen Way (A1262) and slow moving on East India Dock Road.
Traffic is slow moving westbound from the A13 Beckton Flyover and beyond.
Southbound traffic on the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach is also congested from the Bow Underpass.
You may also want to watch:
Northbound traffic is slow moving on Westferry Road from Byng Street, as is eastbound on Commercial Road from Cavell Street.
Other roads in the area are also affected.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid