Limehouse Link Tunnel closure causing traffic chaos and A13 delays
- Credit: TfL
A burst water main has closed the Limehouse Link Tunnel, causing peak hour traffic chaos in east London.
Transport for London (TfL) says the tunnel, near Canary Wharf, is closed in both directions for safety measures due to equipment failure.
Motorists are advised to use an alternative route and expect delays, with westbound traffic stationary on Aspen Way (A1262) and slow moving on East India Dock Road.
Traffic is slow moving westbound from the A13 Beckton Flyover and beyond.
Southbound traffic on the A102 Blackwall Tunnel Northern Approach is also congested from the Bow Underpass.
You may also want to watch:
Northbound traffic is slow moving on Westferry Road from Byng Street, as is eastbound on Commercial Road from Cavell Street.
Other roads in the area are also affected.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 6 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 7 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 8 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets