Tube lines 'severely delayed' due to 'customer incident'
- Credit: PA
Transport for London (TfL) has said two tube lines which were severely delayed are now stopping at all stations again.
This follows live updates on TfL’s website flagging "severe delays" on both the District and Hammersmith and City lines, both which serve east London locations.
A TfL spokesperson confirmed the delays were due to a passenger who was taken ill on a train at Whitechapel.
They said: "The London Ambulance Service attended, and trains are now stopping at all platforms again.
"This also delayed services on the Hammersmith and City line, which has since resumed good service."
This comes after the District line, which stops at locations such as Whitechapel, West Ham, Barking, Hornchurch and Upminster, experienced "severe delays" due to the person falling sick.
TfL’s website also warned of “severe delays” on the Hammersmith and City line, between Liverpool Street and Barking due to the same incident.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021