Travel: Roadworks at Shoreditch and Bishopsgate could slow traffic
- Credit: TfL
Roadworks at Shoreditch could affect traffic flow in and out of Tower Hamlets this week.
There are works at Great Eastern Street on the Inner London Ring Road just north of the Shoreditch High Street junction with Commercial Street.
Other roadworks on June 21 could also affect traffic along Bishopsgate, with a road closure nearby in Spitalfields from Artillery Lane to Sandy's Row, off Middlesex Street, between 11.30am and 9pm.
There are also temporary traffic signals due to construction on Leytonstone Road at Maryland railway station.
Work is taking place by the station entrance, affecting traffic around Stratford Shopping Centre.
Tarling Road in Canning Town is closed both ways from Victoria Dock Road to Appleby Road due to water main work. A detour is in operation, affecting bus routes 147, 241 and N551.
But things appear to be running smoothly for passengers on the London Underground and Overground with all lines operating normally.
- 1 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 2 Mile End: Car crashes into bus stop during police pursuit
- 3 Wiley wanted after court no-show amid assault and burglary charges
- 4 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 5 Night Tube services to return on Jubilee line next week
- 6 East London NHS trusts appoint first group chief executive amid 'collaboration'
- 7 Aspire 'will work for everyone in Tower Hamlets' after winning majority
- 8 Life-changing scheme helps young people with learning disabilities find work in east London
- 9 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
- 10 12 people charged following east London drugs bust
Good Services are reported by TfL on the District, Circle, Central, Hammersmith & City, DLR and all other lines.
The Waterloo & City shuttle to Bank/Monument which runs weekday peak hours only resumes later this afternoon for the evening rush hour from about 3.20pm to 7.15pm.