Woman dies after being hit by train at Bethnal Green station
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after being hit by a train at Bethnal Green station today.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene shortly before noon.
The station was evacuated and the Central line suspended temporarily following the incident.
It is now running normally.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We were called at 11.58am to Bethnal Green Station, Cambridge Heath Road to reports of a person hit by a train.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent a number of resources to the scene including an ambulance crew, an incident response officer and our hazardous area response team.
“Sadly, the patient died at the scene.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic