Danny Johnson guides O’s to victory away to Tranmere Rovers
- Credit: PA
League Two: Tranmere Rovers 0 Leyton Orient 1
Leyton Orient bounced back from two consecutive defeats to seal a narrow 1-0 win over Tranmere Rovers thanks to a goal from in-form striker Danny Johnson.
The 27-year-old striker fired home his eighth goal of the season in all competitions to guide the O’s to three points away at Prenton Park.
Orient created all the chances in the first half, with Josh Coulson going close with a header before Jordan Maguire-Drew curled an effort over.
Captain Jobi McAnuff also found himself in space in the middle of the park where he drove towards the edge of the box and dragged an effort wide.
You may also want to watch:
The best chance came just before the break but Mark Ellis got back to deny Ruel Sotiriou with a last-ditch tackle following a jinking run.
Former Gateshead frontman Johnson squandered a golden opportunity soon after the re-start before both he and Jobi McAnuff were denied by a Joe Murphy double save.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
But 19 minutes from time the stopper palmed away a Conor Wilkinson effort only for Craig Clay to fire the ball back into the box for Johnson, who turned his man and found the net.
Tranmere Rovers: Murphy, O’Connor, Clarke, Ellis, Ridehalgh, Feeney, Spearing, Banks, Morris, Smith, Woolery.
Unused subs: Davies, Nelson, Hayde, Ray, Khan, Burton, Walker-Rice.
Leyton Orient: Vigouroux, Akinola, Coulson, Happe, Brophy (Dayton 90), Cisse, Clay, McAnuff, Maguire-Drew (Wilkinson 68), Sotiriou (Widdowson 86), Johnson.
Unused subs: Sargeant, Turley, Ling, Wright.