Transfer news; West Ham’s Spector discusses Koln link
Hammers defender unaware of Koln interest
West Ham defender Jonathan Spector has denied rumours he is about to join German side Koln.
The American played a starring role for West Ham as they hammered Manchester United 4-0 in the Carling Cup on Tuesday night, but has only started three games all season.
Spector admitted his frustration at not being given more game-time, but was keen to emphasise his commitment to his current employers.
“It is not something I or my agent was aware of until I saw it in the papers. No-one has contacted my agent and I am a West Ham player and happy to be so,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course it is frustrating not playing in the first team every week, especially when the side is not playing so well, because there is nothing you can do about it. I’ve just kept working hard in training and I feel that has paid off.”
For all the latest West Ham news, views, interviews and analysis follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 6 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines