Transfer news; West Ham’s Spector discusses Koln link
Hammers defender unaware of Koln interest
West Ham defender Jonathan Spector has denied rumours he is about to join German side Koln.
The American played a starring role for West Ham as they hammered Manchester United 4-0 in the Carling Cup on Tuesday night, but has only started three games all season.
Spector admitted his frustration at not being given more game-time, but was keen to emphasise his commitment to his current employers.
“It is not something I or my agent was aware of until I saw it in the papers. No-one has contacted my agent and I am a West Ham player and happy to be so,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course it is frustrating not playing in the first team every week, especially when the side is not playing so well, because there is nothing you can do about it. I’ve just kept working hard in training and I feel that has paid off.”
For all the latest West Ham news, views, interviews and analysis follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 7 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets