Transfer news; West Ham’s Spector discusses Koln link
Hammers defender unaware of Koln interest
West Ham defender Jonathan Spector has denied rumours he is about to join German side Koln.
The American played a starring role for West Ham as they hammered Manchester United 4-0 in the Carling Cup on Tuesday night, but has only started three games all season.
Spector admitted his frustration at not being given more game-time, but was keen to emphasise his commitment to his current employers.
“It is not something I or my agent was aware of until I saw it in the papers. No-one has contacted my agent and I am a West Ham player and happy to be so,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course it is frustrating not playing in the first team every week, especially when the side is not playing so well, because there is nothing you can do about it. I’ve just kept working hard in training and I feel that has paid off.”
For all the latest West Ham news, views, interviews and analysis follow us on twitter at www.twitter.com/ela_hammers
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower