Transport Minister checking latest on East London Line scheme
THE Transport Minister is due this-afternoon to see the progress on the East London Line extension which reopens in the New Year. Sadiq Khan arrives at Shadwell to meet engineers working deep underground
THE Transport Minister is due this-afternoon to see the progress on the East London Line extension which reopens in the New Year.
Sadiq Khan arrives at Shadwell to meet engineers working deep underground to get an update on the work which has been going on for nearly two years.
Trains will run direct from Whitechapel through Shadwell southward to Croydon and northward to Shoreditch and Dalston when the work is completed.
The minister is also looking at the proposed East London cycle superhighway’ from Barking to Tower Hill planned by Mayor Boris Johnson opening in the spring which runs through Shadwell.
You may also want to watch:
A presentation is being made to Mr Khan by Tower Hamlets council at the Town Hall earlier about the impact the Crossrail super tube’ will have on the East End, linking Whitechapel and Canary Wharf with Heathrow Airport, Essex and North Kent.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 6 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 9 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 10 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents