Transport Minister checking latest on East London Line scheme
THE Transport Minister is due this-afternoon to see the progress on the East London Line extension which reopens in the New Year. Sadiq Khan arrives at Shadwell to meet engineers working deep underground
THE Transport Minister is due this-afternoon to see the progress on the East London Line extension which reopens in the New Year.
Sadiq Khan arrives at Shadwell to meet engineers working deep underground to get an update on the work which has been going on for nearly two years.
Trains will run direct from Whitechapel through Shadwell southward to Croydon and northward to Shoreditch and Dalston when the work is completed.
The minister is also looking at the proposed East London cycle superhighway’ from Barking to Tower Hill planned by Mayor Boris Johnson opening in the spring which runs through Shadwell.
You may also want to watch:
A presentation is being made to Mr Khan by Tower Hamlets council at the Town Hall earlier about the impact the Crossrail super tube’ will have on the East End, linking Whitechapel and Canary Wharf with Heathrow Airport, Essex and North Kent.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park