Transport Minister checking latest on East London Line scheme
THE Transport Minister is due this-afternoon to see the progress on the East London Line extension which reopens in the New Year. Sadiq Khan arrives at Shadwell to meet engineers working deep underground
THE Transport Minister is due this-afternoon to see the progress on the East London Line extension which reopens in the New Year.
Sadiq Khan arrives at Shadwell to meet engineers working deep underground to get an update on the work which has been going on for nearly two years.
Trains will run direct from Whitechapel through Shadwell southward to Croydon and northward to Shoreditch and Dalston when the work is completed.
The minister is also looking at the proposed East London cycle superhighway’ from Barking to Tower Hill planned by Mayor Boris Johnson opening in the spring which runs through Shadwell.
You may also want to watch:
A presentation is being made to Mr Khan by Tower Hamlets council at the Town Hall earlier about the impact the Crossrail super tube’ will have on the East End, linking Whitechapel and Canary Wharf with Heathrow Airport, Essex and North Kent.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs