Transport plan will make life difficult for those who have to drive
Dear Ed, THE Mayor of London's Transport Strategy once agreed will set policy in London for years ahead. We are concerned about proposals that will make life more difficult for those who have to drive
From the Association British Drivers
THE Mayor of London's Transport Strategy once agreed will set policy in London for years ahead.
The Association of British Drivers is concerned about proposals that will make life more difficult for those who have to drive.
For instance, there are proposals to restrict car access in residential areas 'where possible.' There is the threat of the Congestion Charge tolls being extended into a London-wide form of road-pricing, and parking charges being inflated as a questionable 'green tax.'
You may also want to watch:
Many people don't seem to be aware that this important consultation is on and that comments must be received by January 12.
Whatever their views, people can find out more online on our 'Fair Deal for the Motorists' campaign website. This has links both to official documents and the ways in which they can respond.
London Campaign Manager
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 7 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
Association of British Drivers
PO Box 13199, Fulham, London SW6 6ZU