Transport plan will make life difficult for those who have to drive
Dear Ed, THE Mayor of London's Transport Strategy once agreed will set policy in London for years ahead. We are concerned about proposals that will make life more difficult for those who have to drive
From the Association British Drivers
THE Mayor of London's Transport Strategy once agreed will set policy in London for years ahead.
The Association of British Drivers is concerned about proposals that will make life more difficult for those who have to drive.
For instance, there are proposals to restrict car access in residential areas 'where possible.' There is the threat of the Congestion Charge tolls being extended into a London-wide form of road-pricing, and parking charges being inflated as a questionable 'green tax.'
You may also want to watch:
Many people don't seem to be aware that this important consultation is on and that comments must be received by January 12.
Whatever their views, people can find out more online on our 'Fair Deal for the Motorists' campaign website. This has links both to official documents and the ways in which they can respond.
London Campaign Manager
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Association of British Drivers
PO Box 13199, Fulham, London SW6 6ZU