Transport Secretary visits Crossrail work at Canary Wharf
THE TRANSPORT Secretary Philip Hammond is his first official visit to see work in progress on Crossrail on Canary Wharf today. Work on the Canary Wharf Crossrail station - the first Crossrail station to be constructed – started last May. All eyes a
THE TRANSPORT Secretary Philip Hammond is his first official visit to see work in progress on Crossrail on Canary Wharf today.
Work on the Canary Wharf Crossrail station - the first Crossrail station to be constructed - started last May.
All eyes are on the project as the government looks at trimming budgets to help reduce the UK deficit.
The Secretary of State's visit is said to signal the Government's continued support for the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor of London's transport advisor, Kulveer Ranger, and the Deputy Chairman of Transport for London, Daniel Moylan, will accompany the Transport Secretary on his visit.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 7 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 8 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 9 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone
- 10 Air ambulance charity reveals number of east London call-outs in 2020