Transport Secretary visits Crossrail work at Canary Wharf
THE TRANSPORT Secretary Philip Hammond is his first official visit to see work in progress on Crossrail on Canary Wharf today. Work on the Canary Wharf Crossrail station - the first Crossrail station to be constructed – started last May. All eyes a
THE TRANSPORT Secretary Philip Hammond is his first official visit to see work in progress on Crossrail on Canary Wharf today.
Work on the Canary Wharf Crossrail station - the first Crossrail station to be constructed - started last May.
All eyes are on the project as the government looks at trimming budgets to help reduce the UK deficit.
The Secretary of State's visit is said to signal the Government's continued support for the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor of London's transport advisor, Kulveer Ranger, and the Deputy Chairman of Transport for London, Daniel Moylan, will accompany the Transport Secretary on his visit.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family