Trapped driver injured in crash with dustcart on A1261 at Canary Wharf
- Credit: Google
A driver had to be cut free after crashing into a stationary council dustcart on the busy A1261 at Canary Wharf in east London this-afternoon.
Emergency fire crews from Poplar and Millwall were called to the scene of the collision on the dual-carriageway at 2pm and found the 25-year-old driver trapped at the wheel of his black VW Polo.
The car had been in collision with the ductcart which had broken down on the westbound carriageway towards the Limehouse Link tunnel, near the traffic-light junction with Upper Bank Street.
Rescuers using heavy cutting-gear to take the car roof off got the driver out after 15 minutes.
The man was taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital at Whitechapel, but his injuries are not thought to have been serious.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the road was cordoned off while rescuers freed him, but traffic was not halted.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom