Trapped passenger taken to hospital after car collides with bus in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
A man trapped in a car after colliding with a bus was cut free by firefighters before being taken to hospital.
The incident happened at 2.44pm on Whitechapel Road, near to the junction with Greatorex Street.
London Ambulance Service said they treated five patients, some only for minor injuries, with one – believed to be the man – taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, as a priority.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said a trapped, injured man was released and removed by fire crews before being taken to hospital.
They sent five ambulance crews and two single responders to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A picture sent into the Advertiser shows an empty black car with its roof cut off sitting in the road while a cordon keeps on-lookers back on the pavement.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 5 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 6 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 10 Stolen bikes being recycled in Mile End by police