Trapped passenger taken to hospital after car collides with bus in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
A man trapped in a car after colliding with a bus was cut free by firefighters before being taken to hospital.
The incident happened at 2.44pm on Whitechapel Road, near to the junction with Greatorex Street.
London Ambulance Service said they treated five patients, some only for minor injuries, with one – believed to be the man – taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, as a priority.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said a trapped, injured man was released and removed by fire crews before being taken to hospital.
They sent five ambulance crews and two single responders to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A picture sent into the Advertiser shows an empty black car with its roof cut off sitting in the road while a cordon keeps on-lookers back on the pavement.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital