TRAVEL: Services hit on Hammersmith & City, Circle and Metropolitan lines
- Credit: Archant
Morning Rush Hour travel on the London Underground has been disrupted for commuters in east London and the City by emergency work being carried out at King’s Corss.
HAMMERSMITH & CITY:
There are no trains on the Hammersmith & City line between Baker Street and Barking while loose concrete is being removed from the roof at King’s Cross station.
CIRCLE & METROPOLITAN
The Circle Line on the same tracks is also suspended because of the work—and there are also no trains to Aldgate on the Metropolitan Line beyond Baker Street.
You may also want to watch:
This is affecting services through Aldgate East, Whitechapel and West Ham to Barking, but the District nline is unaffected.
Buses are accepting London Underground tickets via “any reasonable route”.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
Central Line is getting back on track with some minor delays after a late finish to engineering work.