Travelodge is lodging plan for new hotel at Mile End
- Credit: Travelodge
A new hotel is proposed in London’s East End if it gets the green light from the local authority after a public consultation exhibition opening today.
The public is being given its say on plans for a new Travelodge and shops in the Mile End Road, where Topps Tiles showrooms are next to the former Mile End Baths, which are being unveiled at the exhibition in the Whitechapel Idea Store.
The plans “preserve and enhance” the character of the neighbourhoods, the developers Middlehaven Investments promise.
“There are very few hotels nearby,” Middlehaven’s Simon Ashdown said. “We want to know what the community thinks of our plans.”
The scheme to be submitted to Tower Hamlets Council would include 18 new jobs with training and apprenticeship opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Today’s drop-in consultation runs from 12 noon to 8pm to see the plans and speak to the project team.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits