Travelodge is lodging plan for new hotel at Mile End
- Credit: Travelodge
A new hotel is proposed in London’s East End if it gets the green light from the local authority after a public consultation exhibition opening today.
The public is being given its say on plans for a new Travelodge and shops in the Mile End Road, where Topps Tiles showrooms are next to the former Mile End Baths, which are being unveiled at the exhibition in the Whitechapel Idea Store.
The plans “preserve and enhance” the character of the neighbourhoods, the developers Middlehaven Investments promise.
“There are very few hotels nearby,” Middlehaven’s Simon Ashdown said. “We want to know what the community thinks of our plans.”
The scheme to be submitted to Tower Hamlets Council would include 18 new jobs with training and apprenticeship opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Today’s drop-in consultation runs from 12 noon to 8pm to see the plans and speak to the project team.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty