Travolta’s Grease singalong rave at Grange City Hotel for Pink Ladies
- Credit: Viv Quail PR
Girls who fancy being a ‘Pink Lady’ or fellas wanting to join Danny’s greasy 1950s high school gang get their chance in May—in a hotel by the Tower of London.
Singalonga Productions are touring with film evenings of Grease, Rocky Horror, Hairspray and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dream.
The Grease singalong returns to London at The Grange City Hotel at Tower Hill on May 25.
It is aimed at girls’ nights out or hen parties where a buffet meal is followed by screening of the John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John blockbuster of 1950s Rydell High School jinx.
Then it’s a rip-roaring singalong of hits from the 1978 movie such as ‘Summer Nights’, ‘Look At Me—I’m Sandra Dee’, ‘You’re The One That I Want’, ‘Beauty School Dropout’ and of course Travolta’s ‘Greased Lightnin’.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not about talent spotting or performing correctly,” explained singalong producer Louise Donaldson. “It’s about having a laugh. Everyone sings for fun and to celebrate the movie.”
Gals can go dressed as Pink Ladies or the fellas can spread the hair grease and turn up in greaser Danny’s T-Birds gang.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 3 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 4 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 5 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 6 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
Saturday Dates: May 25, June 15, July 20, Grange City Hotel, 8-10 Coopers Row, Tower Hill. Underground: Tower Hill, DLR: Tower Gateway, Rail: Fenchurch St. Website: www.singalongapartynights.com