Tree-planting charity to host Christmas banquet in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Archant
A global tree-planting charity responsible for some of Tower Hamlets finest greenery is to host a Christmas fundraising banquet in Bethnal Green.
Trees for Cities will host ‘Feastenders’ at the Arch Gallery, Cambridge Heath Road, on Saturday, December 14, in celebration of its 20th birthday.
Running from 6pm til midnight – dinner served at 7.30pm – the night will feature an East End-influenced three-course meal, with all ingredients sourced from within 10 miles of Bethnal Green.
Jimmy K-Tel, from London’s legendary Sancho Panza sound system, will provide the night’s music while lyricst Pete Hancock will showcase his own poetry and beats.
Managing projects across the UK and further afield, Trees for Cities aim to create more community spirit in cities through tree planting, community-led design and training initiatives in urban areas that need it most.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the exclusive gala night cost £50 with all proceeds going to Trees for Cities and everyone who dines will have their own tree planted.
To book a place or for more information visit www.treesforcities.org/what-you-can-do/fundraising/parties-and-festivals/ or call 020 7820 4413.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park