Trio bailed after 'abuse attack' on Galloway
THREE men have been bailed on suspicion of hurling abuse at Respect politician George Galloway as he hit the campaign trail in Shadwell. The men aged 22, 25 and 27 are all from the Bethnal Green and Shoreditch area and were arrested on Saturday after
THREE men have been bailed on suspicion of hurling abuse at Respect politician George Galloway as he hit the campaign trail in Shadwell.
The men aged 22, 25 and 27 are all from the Bethnal Green and Shoreditch area and were arrested on Saturday afternoon on suspicion of using threatening words and behaviour and attempting to lunge at Mr Galloway at Watney Market. They have been bailed until May.
His three-year-old son, eight-year-old grandson and pregnant daughter were all with him at the time.
Kevin Ovenden from the Bethnal Green and Bow MP's office said: "They started shouting and finger pointing. We moved up the market. They came up to try to get to George."
You may also want to watch:
He believed the men the men were shouting insults to deter people from voting because they are opposed to the political process.
He added: "People came out of the shops and remonstrated with them."
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
Mr Galloway is one of the candidates hoping to represent Poplar and Limehouse in Parliament.