Tube and Overground maintenance to cause weekend travel chaos
MAJOR works on Tube lines and London Overground will play havoc with travel plans this weekend (24 and 25 July). The Hammersmith and City line, Circle Line and Jubilee Line will all be completely closed on Saturday and Sunday with replacement bus services
MAJOR works on Tube lines and London Overground will play havoc with travel plans this weekend (24 and 25 July).
The Hammersmith and City line, Circle Line and Jubilee Line will all be completely closed on Saturday and Sunday with replacement bus services running instead.
The District Line between East Ham and Upminster is also closed both days with a replacement bus service in its place.
The Metropolitan Line between Aldgate and Harrow-on-the-Hill will be closed both days with the closure extending to all the way to Watford on Sunday only.
There will be no London Overground service between Richmond and Stratford whatsoever, including Dalston Central, Hackney Wick, Homerton and Hackney Wick, on Sunday July 25.
There is also no service between Shepherd's Bush and Willesden Junction on Sunday with replacement bus services instead.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 6 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 7 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 8 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 9 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
Trains running between New Cross Gate and West Croydon and Sydenham and Crystal Palace will begin on Sunday at 8am.
For full details of train and tube closures on the weekend click here