Tube and Overground maintenance to cause weekend travel chaos
MAJOR works on Tube lines and London Overground will play havoc with travel plans this weekend (24 and 25 July). The Hammersmith and City line, Circle Line and Jubilee Line will all be completely closed on Saturday and Sunday with replacement bus services
MAJOR works on Tube lines and London Overground will play havoc with travel plans this weekend (24 and 25 July).
The Hammersmith and City line, Circle Line and Jubilee Line will all be completely closed on Saturday and Sunday with replacement bus services running instead.
The District Line between East Ham and Upminster is also closed both days with a replacement bus service in its place.
The Metropolitan Line between Aldgate and Harrow-on-the-Hill will be closed both days with the closure extending to all the way to Watford on Sunday only.
There will be no London Overground service between Richmond and Stratford whatsoever, including Dalston Central, Hackney Wick, Homerton and Hackney Wick, on Sunday July 25.
There is also no service between Shepherd's Bush and Willesden Junction on Sunday with replacement bus services instead.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 4 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 5 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 6 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
Trains running between New Cross Gate and West Croydon and Sydenham and Crystal Palace will begin on Sunday at 8am.
For full details of train and tube closures on the weekend click here