Tube station ticket office closed—but trains still stopping at Mile End
PASSENGERS won’t be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping. The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm for modernisation
PASSENGERS won't be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow (Saturday) or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping.
Yet they will be able to change trains between the Central, District and Hammersmith & City lines.
The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm while modernisation work is being carried out.
Nearest station for passengers is one stop west at Stepney Green or one stop east at Bow Road, on the District and Hammersmith & City lines, while connections to the Central can still be made at Mile End. The ticket hall reopens after 12.30 both days.
Meanwhile, the Circle Line is completely suspended all weekend due to engineering work at Aldgate and Paddington, passengers are warned. Aldgate will be shut (nearest station Aldgate East). The Metropolitan is between Aldgate and Moorgate suspended both days as a result.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network