Tube station ticket office closed—but trains still stopping at Mile End
PASSENGERS won’t be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping. The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm for modernisation
PASSENGERS won't be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow (Saturday) or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping.
Yet they will be able to change trains between the Central, District and Hammersmith & City lines.
The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm while modernisation work is being carried out.
Nearest station for passengers is one stop west at Stepney Green or one stop east at Bow Road, on the District and Hammersmith & City lines, while connections to the Central can still be made at Mile End. The ticket hall reopens after 12.30 both days.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Circle Line is completely suspended all weekend due to engineering work at Aldgate and Paddington, passengers are warned. Aldgate will be shut (nearest station Aldgate East). The Metropolitan is between Aldgate and Moorgate suspended both days as a result.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning