Tube station ticket office closed—but trains still stopping at Mile End
PASSENGERS won’t be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping. The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm for modernisation
PASSENGERS won't be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow (Saturday) or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping.
Yet they will be able to change trains between the Central, District and Hammersmith & City lines.
The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm while modernisation work is being carried out.
Nearest station for passengers is one stop west at Stepney Green or one stop east at Bow Road, on the District and Hammersmith & City lines, while connections to the Central can still be made at Mile End. The ticket hall reopens after 12.30 both days.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Circle Line is completely suspended all weekend due to engineering work at Aldgate and Paddington, passengers are warned. Aldgate will be shut (nearest station Aldgate East). The Metropolitan is between Aldgate and Moorgate suspended both days as a result.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid