Tube station ticket office closed—but trains still stopping at Mile End
PASSENGERS won’t be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping. The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm for modernisation
PASSENGERS won't be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow (Saturday) or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping.
Yet they will be able to change trains between the Central, District and Hammersmith & City lines.
The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm while modernisation work is being carried out.
Nearest station for passengers is one stop west at Stepney Green or one stop east at Bow Road, on the District and Hammersmith & City lines, while connections to the Central can still be made at Mile End. The ticket hall reopens after 12.30 both days.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Circle Line is completely suspended all weekend due to engineering work at Aldgate and Paddington, passengers are warned. Aldgate will be shut (nearest station Aldgate East). The Metropolitan is between Aldgate and Moorgate suspended both days as a result.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 5 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 6 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 7 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets