Tube station ticket office closed—but trains still stopping at Mile End
PASSENGERS won’t be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping. The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm for modernisation
PASSENGERS won't be able to get on the London Underground at Mile End tomorrow (Saturday) or Sunday mornings, even though trains will be stopping.
Yet they will be able to change trains between the Central, District and Hammersmith & City lines.
The ticket office and station entrance is being close both days up to 12.30pm while modernisation work is being carried out.
Nearest station for passengers is one stop west at Stepney Green or one stop east at Bow Road, on the District and Hammersmith & City lines, while connections to the Central can still be made at Mile End. The ticket hall reopens after 12.30 both days.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the Circle Line is completely suspended all weekend due to engineering work at Aldgate and Paddington, passengers are warned. Aldgate will be shut (nearest station Aldgate East). The Metropolitan is between Aldgate and Moorgate suspended both days as a result.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 8 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Three held after shots reportedly fired at house in Bethnal Green