Tube strike brings transport chaos
Commuters face a miserable journey to work today as the tube strike savages Tower Hamlet’s transport network.
Many have turned to bikes in the borough, where Bromley-by-Bow, Bow Road, Mile End, Stepney Green and Aldgate East stations are all currently closed.
Services are suspended on the Central, Hammersmith and City, Circle and Metropolitan lines, although the DLR, East London line and Jubilee line between Stratford and Waterloo are running normally.
All tube services through Liverpool Street are suspended, though the station remains open, but Tower Hill is marked closed.
TFL reports District line trains running every five minutes between Wimbledon and Barking.
You may also want to watch:
Bethnal Green station is open, despite the Central line’s suspension, and Whitechapel is still available for East London line trains.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney