Tube travel goes off the rails’ in East London this weekend
ENGINEERING work on the Underground and London Overground hits travel across East London this weekend, passengers are warned. The District is suspended between Tower Hill and Upney and Hammersmith & City ro Barking is stopping short at Liverpool Street. The North London Line is suspended from Stratford to Gospel Oak tomorrow (Sat)
ENGINEERING work on the Underground and London Overground hits travel across East London this weekend, passengers are warned.
The District Line is suspended tomorrow (Sat) and Sunday eastbound between Tower Hill and Upney and westbound between Barking and Tower Hill, while the Hammersmith & City that shares on the same tracks from Aldgate East to Barking is stopping short at Liverpool Street. The Metropolitan is stopping at Moorgate.
Rail replacement bus services operate from Tower Hill, service-A to Stratford stopping at Aldgate, Aldgate East, Canning Town and Plaistow, and Service-B to Barking calling at Aldgate, Aldgate East, Whitechapel and all stops eastward.
Alternative train services to East London are DLR from Bank or Tower Gateway, Central Line from Bank or Liverpool Street, or C2C Fenchurch Street-Southend Line to Barking and Upminster.
Also suspended all weekend is the Jubilee between Stratford and North Greenwich, with buses laid on stopping at West Ham and Canning Town.
The North London Line through Hackney is suspended from Stratford to Gospel Oak tomorrow (Sat), with buses laid on calling at all stops to Hampstead Heath.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 7 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 8 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets