TV chef supports Royal London Hospital campaign
By Gemma Collins A CELEBRITY chef has stepped in to help a cancer sufferer raise cash for medical research in the East End. Aldo Zilli shared his culinary skills with mum-of-two Geraldine Mahoney who has joined Barts and the London Charity s Food for T
By Gemma Collins
A CELEBRITY chef has stepped in to help a cancer sufferer raise cash for medical research in the East End.
Aldo Zilli shared his culinary skills with mum-of-two Geraldine Mahoney who has joined Barts and the London Charity's Food for Thought campaign.
The campaign organised by the Barts and the London Trust which runs the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel aims to collect cash for ovarian cancer research by encouraging fundraisers to hold a lunch, supper or dinner party for donations.
You may also want to watch:
The Italian TV chef invited 53-year-old Geraldine who is undergoing a second round of chemotherapy for ovarian cancer at Barts' Hospital in Smithfield to his Zilli Fish Restaurant in Soho, where he gave her ideas and full instructions for a starter, main course and dessert.
Geraldine who lives in Ilford is planning her dinner for 10 friends this month and the money raised will go to the Gynaecological Cancer Centre based at Barts'.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 9 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job