TV chef supports Royal London Hospital campaign
By Gemma Collins A CELEBRITY chef has stepped in to help a cancer sufferer raise cash for medical research in the East End. Aldo Zilli shared his culinary skills with mum-of-two Geraldine Mahoney who has joined Barts and the London Charity s Food for T
By Gemma Collins
A CELEBRITY chef has stepped in to help a cancer sufferer raise cash for medical research in the East End.
Aldo Zilli shared his culinary skills with mum-of-two Geraldine Mahoney who has joined Barts and the London Charity's Food for Thought campaign.
The campaign organised by the Barts and the London Trust which runs the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel aims to collect cash for ovarian cancer research by encouraging fundraisers to hold a lunch, supper or dinner party for donations.
You may also want to watch:
The Italian TV chef invited 53-year-old Geraldine who is undergoing a second round of chemotherapy for ovarian cancer at Barts' Hospital in Smithfield to his Zilli Fish Restaurant in Soho, where he gave her ideas and full instructions for a starter, main course and dessert.
Geraldine who lives in Ilford is planning her dinner for 10 friends this month and the money raised will go to the Gynaecological Cancer Centre based at Barts'.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty