TV chef supports Royal London Hospital campaign
By Gemma Collins A CELEBRITY chef has stepped in to help a cancer sufferer raise cash for medical research in the East End. Aldo Zilli shared his culinary skills with mum-of-two Geraldine Mahoney who has joined Barts and the London Charity s Food for T
By Gemma Collins
A CELEBRITY chef has stepped in to help a cancer sufferer raise cash for medical research in the East End.
Aldo Zilli shared his culinary skills with mum-of-two Geraldine Mahoney who has joined Barts and the London Charity's Food for Thought campaign.
The campaign organised by the Barts and the London Trust which runs the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel aims to collect cash for ovarian cancer research by encouraging fundraisers to hold a lunch, supper or dinner party for donations.
You may also want to watch:
The Italian TV chef invited 53-year-old Geraldine who is undergoing a second round of chemotherapy for ovarian cancer at Barts' Hospital in Smithfield to his Zilli Fish Restaurant in Soho, where he gave her ideas and full instructions for a starter, main course and dessert.
Geraldine who lives in Ilford is planning her dinner for 10 friends this month and the money raised will go to the Gynaecological Cancer Centre based at Barts'.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council