TV chef to visit Spitalfields market ahead of British Sausage Week
Lovers of pork have the opportunity to sample food made by the “Oscar winners of the sausage world” at a stall in Tower Hamlets.
A pop up shop will be on display at the Old Spitalfields Market, Horner Square, on Friday, November 1, for one day only, featuring over 100 variations of award winning pork sausages to coincide with British Sausage Week, which runs from November 4 to 10.
TV chef Simon Rimmer is touring the country as a judge to find the best of the best and the shop will be showcasing sausages made by entrants, across the country, in the Discovering Britain’s Greatest Sausages competition.
Simon said: “I am thrilled to be undertaking this journey of discovery to find Britain’s Greatest Sausages.
“As a chef, I know that Sausages can be one of the best value meals to feed a family and when you choose those with a Red Tractor pork logo on pack you’re not only supporting responsible pig farmers but ensuring the sausages you eat are produced to exacting standards too.”
You may also want to watch:
Now in its 16th year, British Sausage Week is setting out to discover the range and highlight the versatility of the sausage with over 470 varieties available in Britain.
For more information visithttp://www.lovepork.co.uk/
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 9 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 10 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival