TV’s Linda Robson becomes patron of Mildmay HIV hospital
- Credit: Mildmay Hosp
TV’s Birds of a Feather star Linda Robson has winged it back to London’s East End to be patron of the famous Mildmay Hospital charity.
Linda was one of the host of stars who supported Mildmay’s carol concert in December.
She also met patients and staff at the world-renowned HIV-treatment medical centre in Shoreditch on an earlier visit to find out about the charity’s specialist work providing rehabilitation, treatment and care for people with complex health conditions including brain impairment.
The sitcom star left a message in the visitors’ book impressed about the Mildmay being “full of love and hope”.
The hospital behind Shoreditch Church is also where the late Princess Dianna regularly visited in the 1980s.
You may also want to watch:
Linda joins a prestigious list of high-profile Mildmay patrons who include Dame Judi Dench, Anita Dobson and Sir Cliff Richard.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park