Tweets of the Week: Hammers fans reveal alternative striker options
West Ham supporters in favour of a move for Sordell or Maynard
West Ham fans discuss all things Hammers with our correspondent Nathaniel John.
Join in the discussion on Twitter @Nathaniel_John
This week, Hammers fans give their verdict on who they would like to see the club sign now it looks as though Jordan Rhodes won’t be signing for West Ham.
Maynard would be my choice. He is a proven goalscorer and may be cheaper than Sordell due to his release clause. – @jflynn84
You may also want to watch:
If we sign another tall, hold the ball up type of striker it will be stupid! Would love to see a pacy striker sign. – @pudderst
I’ve said for a long time to get Maynard. He wouldn’t cost as much as Rhodes either. – @rossihammer78
- 1 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 8 Search is on for next Tower Hamlets Freedom of the Borough award recipient
- 9 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 10 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
Sordell looks interesting and has to be my favourite option. – @Metloroli
Hooper from Celtic is the player we need. He knows where the back of the net is as well. – @Daveyboymarra
A winger/creative midfielder is more important than another striker I think. Baldock and Cole can score enough with better delivery. I want to see someone like Whittingham come in. – @Stubal12
Defoe for me. Spurs don’t need him. – @mx78Dave
I think our front two of Cole and Baldock are sufficient with a number of the youth squad looking good enough to provide back-up options. We definitely need an out-and-out left winger though, Taylor has been missed so much this season. – @billy_jones1
I really like Lewis McGugan. He is dynamic and quick and I think he could do a job out wide too. – @AaronPStephens
Hooper would never leave Celtic and Maynard will go to a Premier League side. I would rather have Billy Sharp to be honest. – @McGrath88
Sordell or Maynard are my preferred options as they have pace and know where the goal is. I don’t want Sharp as I don’t think that he is proven enough. – @Alder32
Nicky Maynard has done brilliantly in a consistently struggling side. He would give so much more to our firepower. – @Brad_Pinard
We need a winger! I’m sick to death of seeing pace-less centre midfielders out wide. – @MarkWHUFC
We need someone that you can count on every game for goals. There is no point on splashing out on a winger when you can’t convert crosses or chances. – @MJTweaton
I think Sordell would be best. One in three for Warford, he is only 20 and has lots of pace. Alternatively, Billy Sharp, as his goal record at our level is great. – @j22oph