Tweets of the Week: West Ham fans debate whether Carlton Cole should start Derby game
Hammers fans keen to see England international in action from the off tomorrow
West Ham fans discuss all things Hammers with our correspondent Nathaniel John.
Join in the discussion on Twitter @Nathaniel_John
This week, Hammers fans share their views on whether they think Carlton Cole deserves to start the club’s next game after impressing from the bench in recent weeks.
Carlton Cole is fighting for his place in the team. Carew on the other hand, is not.
You may also want to watch:
Carlton Cole usually performs well when coming on from the bench and often when he starts he is less effective. Like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, he may have to suffer for the team’s sake.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow
For me, the biggest problem with Carlton Cole is when he is played as a lone striker. It’s just not for him, he has to play with another striker. He can’t do it all on his own.
I would like to see Carlton Cole on the bench again to be honest. I’d bring him on at half time again as that seems to be working right now.
Carlton definitely deserves a start now. He has more pace than Carew and a partnership of Cole and Baldock would be explosive against Derby.
Cole just doesn’t seem as confident as he does when he comes off the bench when he starts. When he comes on from the subs bench he has a point to prove. A huge confidence player.
I think that Carew is off the pace and I would always start Carlton Cole over him.I just think that Cole adds that extra bit for me and I am certain that he will start on Saturday.
From what I saw in the first half, Diop, Nolan and Carew were all equally immobile. I think that it is harsh to blame Carew, he had very little to work with. We had a spine of giants against a side trying to play a passing game. Cole’s mobility brought others into the game.
Carew is efficient, but oft-penalised. Carlton Cole, based on the past two games definitely deserves a start. Cole is the epitome of a confidence player. I think he has got that now under Allardyce and he deserves his chance.
Big man, little man is the West Ham way. Give it a go, I say.
We should start Cole, Carew has been contained too easily in the last couple of games. Cole won’t always be there to save our blushes from the bench.
The honeymoon period with Carew is over. Time for Cole to step up!
Join our interactive coverage of West Ham v Derby County from 5pm on Saturday at www.london24.com/west-ham