Tweets of the Week: West Ham fans react to Burnley defeat
Hammers supporters feel the Clarets deserved to win as they took their chances
West Ham fans discuss all things Hammers with our West Ham correspondent Nathaniel John.
Join in the discussion on Twitter @Nathaniel_John
This week, Hammers fans react to their third home defeat of the season, this time to Burnley, in a game that West Ham dominated.
It was just an off-day, but we missed an opportunity with Saints also losing. By Cardiff winning too it means that we have to win at Reading.
You may also want to watch:
I would say that Burnley did deserve the win as they took their only chances. If we don’t put them away then it is our fault.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 4 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 5 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 6 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
It was disappointing, yes. End of the world? No. It was a bad day at the office in terms of taking our chances.
We were wasteful in attack and foolish in defence. In the long run though we’re making great progress.
West Ham were by far the better team, we should’ve walked it but didn’t take our chances whereas Burnley, to their credit, did.
The bottom line was that we were not clinical enough in front of goal, but a positive was that we are really progressing now and playing more as a unit.
It was a game in which we desperately missed Baldock and in the last 30 minutes, Taylor. Nine out of 10 times we would have won but we move on to Reading and a chance to get back on track with another fantastic away performance!
The stats speak for themselves. If you can’t defend for the full 90 minutes can we say we really deserved to win?