Tweets of the Week: West Ham fans reveal their thoughts on Nolan replacement
Hammers supporters keen to see Maynard play
West Ham fans discuss all things Hammers with our correspondent Nathaniel John.
Join in the discussion on Twitter @Nathaniel_John
This week, Hammers fans reveal who they think should replace captain Kevin Nolan following his red card last weekend.
We shouldn’t miss Nolan, I personally don’t think that we can have him and Noble in the same midfield. I’d like to see Morrison chucked in for him. - @rossihammer78
You may also want to watch:
We won’t miss him, he is terrible and the way he acts on the pitch is a disgrace; screaming in referees’ faces, that tackle against Millwall and stamping on Zigic away at Birmingham. Lansbury, who I think is our best ball-playing central midfielder, should replace Nolan. - @Alder32
I would be more worried if it was Noble suspended. Collison or perhaps Morrison should fill in. - @HammerJef63
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 4 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 5 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 6 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Unmesh Desai: 'Councillor's sudden death leaves huge void'
- 9 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 10 Tower Hamlets youth worker on lack of funding for vital services
The side won’t miss Nolan as his performances have been very average lately. I would like to see Collison replace him in centre midfield. - @KwamsMoriarty
I’d give Morrison a shot ofrCollison. Keep Faubert on the right wing with O’Brien or Demel at right-back. Diop and Noble in central midfield and Taylor on the left would be my choice.
Honestly, I think Maynard and Vaz Te would make a great front two. If you saw Adomah and Maynard at Bristol City you would agree. I think Gary O’Neil deserves a shot in place of Nolan, but Morrison should be given a run out at Peterborough. - @woodstome
Peterborough are a very attacking side, and they will leave plenty of space behind, which is why we have to play 4-4-2 with Cole up top alongside Maynard or Baldock. - @Brad_Pinard
I am glad that Nolan is suspended as Allardyce would never drop him. I would bring in Maynard up front and keep Noble and Tomkins at centre midfield. - @JimboNorwood
I would like to see Collison play there as he is wasted on the left and has a similar build to Nolan. We will miss Nolan’s organisation, but I think we should stick with 4-5-1 at Peterborough. Maybe have Vaz Te on the left instead of Taylor to make us a bit more attack-minded. - @billy_jones1
Noble has been our best midfielder all season and he should play alongside Lansbury or Collison with Tomkins in the holding role again, and Taylor and Faubert out wide. Morrison should be integrated slowly from the bench. - @jflynn84
We should go 4-4-2 without Nolan. Diop and Noble should be in central midfield, with Baldock and Maynard or Cole up top. - @twaldworth