Tweets of the Week: West Ham fans want to see Taylor back in action
Hammers keen for midfielder to return from injury
West Ham fans discuss all things Hammers with our correspondent Nathaniel John.
Join in the discussion on Twitter @Nathaniel_John
This week, Hammers supporters share their views on who they would include in the starting XI for West Ham’s trip to Coventry this Saturday.
Personally I’d give Demel a chance.
You may also want to watch:
I’d bring in Matt Taylor for Papa Bouba Diop, but other than that I’d play the same team. Taylor playing is a must because of how dangerous he is at the dead-ball situations.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 9 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 10 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
I’d be tempted to keep the team the same but with Cole in for Carew. Demel and Taylor will need time to get back to full fitness, so they should start on the bench.
Matt Taylor really does add something to our team. He is quality, creative and delivers great crosses from dead-ball situations. His inclusion is a must for me.
I’d like to see a midfield of Faubert, Nolan, Collison and Taylor with Demel at right back. A rest will give O’Brien a chance to fully recover.
I want to see Taylor back, but also Collison remain in the team as he gives us some much-needed creativity. I’d put Demel on the bench.
Matt Taylor has to come in for Collison aka Forest Gump. Taylor is one of the only players that exploits the width we create in my opinion. Cole should come in for Carew. With someone effective like Taylor on the left, we can ruin Coventry.
If it ain’t broke….
One change, Cole in for Carew. Demel has been out for a long time and Taylor was rushed back into the team before which ended up keeping him out for longer.
Taylor in for Collison, Demel for Faubert and push Faubert to the right wing.
I’d bench Taylor and put someone on form and fitness with pace on like Cristian Montano. I’d also include Faubert at right midfield, with Demel or O’Brien at right back.
I think we should drop Nolan for a snowman. That would give us more movement in midfield.
The one thing we have missed is creativity and a good ball from the left. Faubert has done it from the right, and Taylor will do it from the left. I’d drop Collison.
Any returning players should be on the bench. This team has taken 10 points from 12.