Two arrested after Dorringtoin Point tower block blaze at Bromley-by-Bow
Two men were arrested following yesterday’s blaze in an east London tower block, it has emerged today.
They were detained by police in connection with the fire on the 5th and 6th floors of the 12-storey Dorrington Point at Bromley-by-Bow, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
Some 200 tenants were evacuated from the block on the Bow Bridge Estate as 80 firefighters arrived from Bow, Silvertown, Bethnal Green, Poplar, Millwall, Stratford, Shoreditch, Kingsland, Barking and as far as Plumstead and Peckham.
A baby was treated by paramedics at the scene as a precaution. A man in his 60s suffered cuts and bruises and an elderly woman was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of the smoke.
Three people were trapped and had to be rescued by fire-crews with breathing apparatus who fought their way through acrid smoke to reach them. Another five people had to be led down the staircase to safety.
You may also want to watch:
Police investigating the blaze say the cause at this stage is unexplained.
The two arrested at Dorrington Point, one aged 42, the other 46, were released on police bail early this-morning, to return early next month. No charges have been made.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
Dorrington Point—Dramatic video [see related links]