Two Beefeaters suspended over 'harassment' allegations
THREE BEEFEATERS are under investigation at The Tower over allegations of harassment of the historic palace s first woman Yeoman Warder. Two Yeoman Warders have been suspended and a third is under investigation following the allegations of harassment
THREE BEEFEATERS are under investigation at The Tower over allegations of harassment of the historic palace's first woman Yeoman Warder.
Two Yeoman Warders have been suspended and a third is under investigation following the allegations of harassment of Moira Cameron which have rocked The Tower.
A spokeswoman said: "We take such allegations very seriously and our formal harassment policy makes it clear that this is totally unacceptable. We believe everyone is entitled to work in an environment free from any form of harassment, a principle that we expect all our staff to value and uphold.
"As soon as these allegations were brought to our attention, we immediately instigated procedures under our harassment policy. An internal investigation is already underway to establish whether these allegations have any foundation and should conclude within two to three weeks. Meanwhile, the Tower of London is a close-knit community and, understandably, this is a difficult time for us all."
You may also want to watch:
Moira Cameron made history two years ago when she became the first woman Yeoman Warder to join the team of 35.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe