Two charged with East London rape and murder
POLICE in East London have charged a teenager and a man with the murder rape. They are accused of 25-year-old Lithuanian Paulius Riepsa s killing in Stratford and raping a 24-year-old woman
POLICE in East London have charged a teenager and a man with the murder rape.
They are accused of 25-year-old Lithuanian Paulius Riepsa's killing after his body was found at a house in Stratford occupied by squatters.
The two also face a charge of raping a 24-year-old woman on October 29.
Aivaras Savickas, who is 19, is due to before magistrates at Stratford this-morning (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
Remingijus Jakubauskas, 31, appeared in court yesterday when he was remanded in custody to the Old Bailey for a pre-trial hearing on February 15.
Police were alerted by a member of the public at 6.50am on October 31 to reports of a man's body at the house in Carnarvon Road, where they found Paulius. A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a head injury.
- 1 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 9 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
Five others who were also arrested have been bailed to return to an East London police station on January 19.