Two charged with East London rape and murder
POLICE in East London have charged a teenager and a man with the murder rape. They are accused of 25-year-old Lithuanian Paulius Riepsa s killing in Stratford and raping a 24-year-old woman
POLICE in East London have charged a teenager and a man with the murder rape.
They are accused of 25-year-old Lithuanian Paulius Riepsa's killing after his body was found at a house in Stratford occupied by squatters.
The two also face a charge of raping a 24-year-old woman on October 29.
Aivaras Savickas, who is 19, is due to before magistrates at Stratford this-morning (Tuesday).
Remingijus Jakubauskas, 31, appeared in court yesterday when he was remanded in custody to the Old Bailey for a pre-trial hearing on February 15.
Police were alerted by a member of the public at 6.50am on October 31 to reports of a man's body at the house in Carnarvon Road, where they found Paulius. A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a head injury.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 5 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 6 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 7 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
Five others who were also arrested have been bailed to return to an East London police station on January 19.