Two guilty of East End arson murder of teenager and her gran
TWO men have been found guilty this-afternoon of the murders of 17-year-old Shannen Vickers and her grandmother when they torched their flat in a high-rise block in London’s East End. Jake Sheehan, 20, and David Philip, 19. were convicted by an Old Bailey jury after a three-week trial
ABOVE: Sheehan (left) and Philip, both found guilty today of arson and murder...
BELOW: Their victims Pauline Adams (left) and Shannen Vickers who died together in the arson attack...
TWO men have been found guilty this-afternoon of the murders of 17-year-old Shannen Vickers and her grandmother when they torched their flat in a high-rise block in London’s East End.
Jake Sheehan, 20, and David Philip, 19. were convicted by a jury after a three-week trial at the Old Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
Shannen and her gran Pauline Adams, 57, died when petrol was poured through the letter box of their fifth-floor flat at Malmesbury in Cyprus Street, Bethnal Green, and set alight on February 22 at 5.30am.
Det Ins Larry Smith said after the verdict: “Sheehan and Philip carried out their threat to burn down the family home and carried it out with callous disregard for life after a dispute with Pauline Adams’ grandson over a �15 debt.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
“The evidence the family heard during the trial has been difficult. I hope today’s conviction goes some way to help them move forward with their lives.”
Sheehan, from Bethnal Green’s Cranbrook Estate nearby, and Philip from Leopold Street in Bow, are being sentenced on Monday.