Two held over suspicious death
POLICE are investigating a suspicious death after a man was found dead in a flat yesterday (Sunday). Cops were called at around 9.20pm last night following concerns for the welfare of a resident at an address in Oban Street, Blackwall. The body of a 65-ye
POLICE are investigating a suspicious death after a man was found dead in a flat yesterday (Sunday).
Cops were called at around 9.20pm last night following concerns for the welfare of a resident at an address in Oban Street, Blackwall.
The body of a 65-year-old man was found inside the flat when officers arrived. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say they believe they know the identity of the man but are waiting for formal identification to take place. A post mortem examination to establish the cause of death is due to take place.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating the death which police are treati8ng as suspicious.
Two men, a 33-year-old and a 27-year-old, have been arrested and have been taken to separate east London police stations where they remain in custody.
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing