Two hurt after Hoxton shooting as car crashes into wall
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a drive by’ shooting when a gunman fired at a couple in another car which then smashed into a wall in Hoxton, just off New North Road. A 44-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound while a woman with him was injured in the crash
DETECTIVES are appealing today for witnesses following a late-night drive by’ shooting when a gunman fired at a couple in another car which then smashed into a wall.
Police arrived in Napier Grove in Hoxton, just off New North Road, at 10.45pm on Tuesday where they found a 44-year-old man bleeding from a gunshot wound.
He was driving when he was shot and his Vauxhall Corsa crashed into the wall before the gunman drove off.
The couple managed to scramble out of the car before police arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The man had a gunshot wound to the chest and was taken by ambulance to an East London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 4 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 5 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 6 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
The 39-year-old woman with him was also treated for minor injuries from the crash and has since been discharged.
Detectives from the Trident squad, which investigates shootings in London’s Black community, are appealing for anyone in Napier Grove or nearby Cropley Street, or anyone with information, to call 020-8217 7380, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder shortly after the incident, Scotland Yard confirmed this-afternoon. He has been bailed pending further inquiries.