Two hurt after Hoxton shooting as car crashes into wall
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a drive by’ shooting when a gunman fired at a couple in another car which then smashed into a wall in Hoxton, just off New North Road. A 44-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound while a woman with him was injured in the crash
DETECTIVES are appealing today for witnesses following a late-night drive by’ shooting when a gunman fired at a couple in another car which then smashed into a wall.
Police arrived in Napier Grove in Hoxton, just off New North Road, at 10.45pm on Tuesday where they found a 44-year-old man bleeding from a gunshot wound.
He was driving when he was shot and his Vauxhall Corsa crashed into the wall before the gunman drove off.
The couple managed to scramble out of the car before police arrived.
You may also want to watch:
The man had a gunshot wound to the chest and was taken by ambulance to an East London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
The 39-year-old woman with him was also treated for minor injuries from the crash and has since been discharged.
Detectives from the Trident squad, which investigates shootings in London’s Black community, are appealing for anyone in Napier Grove or nearby Cropley Street, or anyone with information, to call 020-8217 7380, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder shortly after the incident, Scotland Yard confirmed this-afternoon. He has been bailed pending further inquiries.