Two hurt after Hoxton shooting as car crashes into wall
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following a drive by’ shooting when a gunman fired at a couple in another car which then smashed into a wall in Hoxton, just off New North Road. A 44-year-old man was found with a gunshot wound while a woman with him was injured in the crash
DETECTIVES are appealing today for witnesses following a late-night drive by’ shooting when a gunman fired at a couple in another car which then smashed into a wall.
Police arrived in Napier Grove in Hoxton, just off New North Road, at 10.45pm on Tuesday where they found a 44-year-old man bleeding from a gunshot wound.
He was driving when he was shot and his Vauxhall Corsa crashed into the wall before the gunman drove off.
The couple managed to scramble out of the car before police arrived.
The man had a gunshot wound to the chest and was taken by ambulance to an East London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 8 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
The 39-year-old woman with him was also treated for minor injuries from the crash and has since been discharged.
Detectives from the Trident squad, which investigates shootings in London’s Black community, are appealing for anyone in Napier Grove or nearby Cropley Street, or anyone with information, to call 020-8217 7380, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder shortly after the incident, Scotland Yard confirmed this-afternoon. He has been bailed pending further inquiries.