Two jailed for terrorism material urging Muslims to ‘die for Allah’
- Credit: MPS
Two men from east London have been jailed for uploading terrorist material on the worldwide web and distributing material encouraging Muslims to “die for Allah”.
Shah Jalal Hussain, 31, and Ibrahim Hassan, 28, were both sentenced at the Old Bailey to three years on Friday after admitting 12 charges between them.
Jalal Hussain was arrested in Whitechapel last June, under the 2006 Terrorism Act, for disseminating terrorist publications.
It followed a raid in east London a month earlier by the Met’s SO15 Counter Terrorism Command when Ibrahim Hassan was arrested in Walthamstow for commissioning, preparing or instigating acts of terrorism.
Searches were carried out at two addresses where evidence was found on a computer connecting him to the uploading. Jalal Hussain was linked to the website through his pseudonym.
“These men posted material on the internet which clearly had the potential to incite terrorism and put public at risk,” Pol Cmdr Duncan Ball from the Counter Terrorism Command said after Friday’s sentence. “We have the commitment and ability to tackle those who support and encourage terrorism by whatever means they use.”
The two uploaded videos to a website they operated and also recorded and distributed lectures in terrorism advocating violence.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 6 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 7 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
One video called for Muslims to get involved in violent jihad. Another asserted that Muslims must support jihad physically and financially.
A recording of a lecture was also discovered where Jalal Hussain gave 20 ways in which “a Muslim can die for Allah and be assured of a place in paradise”.
Both men pleaded guilty on March 24 to six charges each of disseminating terrorist publications and encouraging terrorism.