Two men arrested after East London alley murder
TWO men have now been arrested in the murder investigation into the man found dying in an alley in East London on Sunday. A 32-year-old man died at the Royal London Hospital on Sunday after being found beaten up the night before in Walrthamstow
TWO men have now been arrested in the murder investigation into the man found dying in an alley in East London on Saturday just before midnight.
The 32-year-old victim died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on Sunday after being found beaten up the night before.
Police found him at 11.55pm lying unconscious in Gillard’s Mews off Hoe Street in Walthamstow. They know who he is, but were still trying to trace his family last night.
A post-mortem gave cause of death as multiple injuries to the head and chest.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives want to hear from the owner of a white trailer or burger van which was parked in the street near the alley who may hold vital clues.
They are keeping an open mind about what happened and are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 1585, or anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
A 23-year-old man was arrested last night (Wednesday) at an address in Walthamstow on suspicion of murder, Scotland Yard confirmed. He was taken to an East London police station where he remains in custody.
Another 23-year-old was arrested earlier in the week and later given police bail to return on April 20.