Two men bailed following flat death in Bethnal Green
- Credit: MPS
Two men arrested in connection with the death of a man in Bethnal Green have been bailed.
A murder investigation was launched after police were called to reports of a shooting in a block of flats in Florida Street at 20.05pm on Monday.
A man suffering from gunshot injuries, believed to be aged 20, was found at the scene by firearms and local officers but died shortly afterwards at 20.45pm.
The men, aged 21 and 29, were arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder but have now been bailed pending further enquiries until a date to be confirmed.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command believe they know the identity of the victim, although formal identification is still to take place.
You may also want to watch:
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem is due to be held tomorrow at Poplar mortuary.
Any witnesses or anyone with information has been asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests