Two men shot in incidents involving armed police
POLICE are investigating shootings in the streets of East London at the weekend in which two men were shot—one by armed police. Several shots were fired in the first incident at Abbots Park Road in Leyton
POLICE are investigating shootings in the streets of East London in which two men were shot-one by armed police.
Several shots were fired in the first incident at Abbots Park Road in Leyton at 2.15am on Saturday morning.
It involved an argument involving four men which led to a 29-year-old being shot, said Scotland Yard.
You may also want to watch:
He left the scene on foot, but was later admitted to hospital where he was detained, said to be in a stable condition.
Witnesses heard several shots and saw two cars leaving the scene.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
A 28-year-old man was then shot by armed police when officers from the Met's CO19 Firearms unit stopped a car half-an-hour later a mile away in Elmore Road, Leytonstone, thought to have been involved in the incident.
The second man has now been arrested and was being treated at an East London hospital, also said to be in a stable condition.
A second car was stopped 30 minutes after that in Leytonstone when a 27-year-old was arrested and taken to an East London police station. He was later bailed pending further inquiries.
A loaded firearm was recovered during this operation.
Detectives from Trident, which investigates shootings in the black community, are appealing for any witnesses to the Abbots Park Road shooting in or anyone with information to call 020-8733 4774, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.