Two men shot in incidents involving armed police
POLICE are investigating shootings in the streets of East London at the weekend in which two men were shot—one by armed police. Several shots were fired in the first incident at Abbots Park Road in Leyton
POLICE are investigating shootings in the streets of East London in which two men were shot-one by armed police.
Several shots were fired in the first incident at Abbots Park Road in Leyton at 2.15am on Saturday morning.
It involved an argument involving four men which led to a 29-year-old being shot, said Scotland Yard.
You may also want to watch:
He left the scene on foot, but was later admitted to hospital where he was detained, said to be in a stable condition.
Witnesses heard several shots and saw two cars leaving the scene.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 7 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 8 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing
A 28-year-old man was then shot by armed police when officers from the Met's CO19 Firearms unit stopped a car half-an-hour later a mile away in Elmore Road, Leytonstone, thought to have been involved in the incident.
The second man has now been arrested and was being treated at an East London hospital, also said to be in a stable condition.
A second car was stopped 30 minutes after that in Leytonstone when a 27-year-old was arrested and taken to an East London police station. He was later bailed pending further inquiries.
A loaded firearm was recovered during this operation.
Detectives from Trident, which investigates shootings in the black community, are appealing for any witnesses to the Abbots Park Road shooting in or anyone with information to call 020-8733 4774, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.