Two men shot in incidents involving armed police
POLICE are investigating shootings in the streets of East London at the weekend in which two men were shot—one by armed police. Several shots were fired in the first incident at Abbots Park Road in Leyton
POLICE are investigating shootings in the streets of East London in which two men were shot-one by armed police.
Several shots were fired in the first incident at Abbots Park Road in Leyton at 2.15am on Saturday morning.
It involved an argument involving four men which led to a 29-year-old being shot, said Scotland Yard.
You may also want to watch:
He left the scene on foot, but was later admitted to hospital where he was detained, said to be in a stable condition.
Witnesses heard several shots and saw two cars leaving the scene.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
A 28-year-old man was then shot by armed police when officers from the Met's CO19 Firearms unit stopped a car half-an-hour later a mile away in Elmore Road, Leytonstone, thought to have been involved in the incident.
The second man has now been arrested and was being treated at an East London hospital, also said to be in a stable condition.
A second car was stopped 30 minutes after that in Leytonstone when a 27-year-old was arrested and taken to an East London police station. He was later bailed pending further inquiries.
A loaded firearm was recovered during this operation.
Detectives from Trident, which investigates shootings in the black community, are appealing for any witnesses to the Abbots Park Road shooting in or anyone with information to call 020-8733 4774, or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.