Two Poplar rail companies hard work recognised at awards bash
- Credit: Archant
Two rail service companies based in the East End were recognised for their efforts at the annual Global Light Rail Awards last week.
KeolisAmy Docklands (KAD) and Docklands Light Rail Limited (DLRL), both based in Castor Lane, Poplar, were presented with the Vision of the Year award for their collaborative approach in delivering their service.
Judges at the ceremony, held at the Honourable Artillery Company, in City Road, Old Street, praised the unique and innovative way that the operator and public transport authority work together so seamlessly.
Claire Mann, DLRL Director, said: “It is a real honour to receive this award jointly with KAD.
“With a focus on our DLR customers, the award celebrates the fantastic achievement, hard work and dedication that our people within both businesses have put into delivering a good service for all customers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Light Rail Awards are a internationally-recognised mark of excellence that brings the global industry together to reward innovation and showcase success.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower