Two Tower Hamlets schools shortlisted for national awards
TWO East End schools have fought off tough competition to be shortlisted for a national educational award. Old Palace Primary in Bromley-by-Bow and Bishop Challoner Collegiate in Shadwell are both in the running to win a Times Educational Supplement (T
TWO East End schools have fought off tough competition to be shortlisted for a national educational award.
Old Palace Primary in Bromley-by-Bow and Bishop Challoner Collegiate in Shadwell are both in the running to win a Times Educational Supplement (TES) school award.
TES announced its shortlist on Tuesday after receiving nominations from schools across the country for its 15 categories.
Old Palace in St Leonard's Street which has around 420 pupils, the majority of whom are Bangladeshi, is one of six schools competing for the Primary School of the Year title.
You may also want to watch:
Bishop Challoner which is the first school in Tower Hamlets to launch a 'Learning Village' has been shortlisted in two categories - Secondary School of the Year and Outstanding Community Involvement.
Bishop Challoner's �47m project includes a brand new sports hall, theatre, dance studio and science laboratories which have already opened and a Village Club and sports pitches which will open later in the year.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
Headteacher Catherine Myers was made a Dame of the Pontifical Order of St Gregory the Great for her work on the project.
In selecting the winners, which will be announced at a special ceremony at Grosvenor Hotel on June 17, the TES judges say they are looking for the "extra spark - creativity, originality and passion.